Jerry Matheson Public Pool
The City of Tomball Public Works Department operates and maintains one outdoor public swimming pool located at Jerry Matheson Park, open during the summer months. The pool is free and open to all ages; however children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
2018 Summer Swim Season
The pool will be open during the following dates:
- May 26 – May 28 – normal hours
- June 2 – August 19 – normal hours
- August 20 – September 3 – Saturday & Sunday Only
Pool hours are as follows:
- Tuesday – Friday: 10 AM – 6 PM
- Saturday and Sunday: 12 PM – 8 PM
The pool will be closed on Mondays for cleaning, except on the following holidays:
- Memorial Day, May 30
- Labor Day, September 3
(If you are interested in bringing a large group (10 or more children) please contact the pool manager to ensure adequate lifeguard staffing.)
Tomball Kids Swim
The City of Tomball Public Pool offers swims lessons and water safety program designed to teach elementary school aged children basic life saving swim skills. The goal of this program is to introduce children to swimming and is NOT a replacement for additional training or practice.
For more information about Tomball Kids Swim please click here.
Know Before You Go
- What to wear:
- Appropriate swim-wear (swim suits, swimming trunks, swim shirts, water shoes, etc.) is required – no cut-offs, shorts, T-shirts or thongs. The City of Tomball prohibits the waring of T-shirts in swimming pools unless an exemption letter has been accepted and filed in our Public Works Department. Exemptions are granted based on medical and/or religious reasons to allow the wearing of a plain white T-shirt only.
- For the kids:
- Children under the age of 12 years old must be accompanied in the pool by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Swim diapers are required for infants and babies.
- No flotation devices (i.e. floaties and inflatables) are permitted with the exception of U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets.
- What not to do:
- No smoking allowed inside the pool area
- No eating or drinking allowed except in designated areas
- No beverages, alcohol, or glass containers are permitted
For the full list of pool rules and regulations click here
For more information or questions please contact: