Jury Duty Information
If you receive a JURY SUMMONS in the mail, you are required to report for Jury Duty at the City of Tomball Municipal Court at the date and time specified in the summons.
Please fill out the bottom section of the summons and bring it with you to the Municipal Court, located at 401 Market St, Tomball,TX 77375
If you have any questions regarding your Jury Summons, please call (281) 351-7894 for assistance.
How Was I Selected?
You were selected at random from a list of voter registrations provided by Harris County
What are the Qualifications to Serve as a Juror?
- Juror must be a citizen of the United States and of this State
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must reside within the city limits of the City of Tomball
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be of sound mind
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or of any type of theft (unless your rights have been restored)
- Must not now be on probation or deferred adjudication for a felony or for any type of theft
- Must not now be under indictment for a felony or under criminal charges for any type of theft.
What are the Exemptions to Serve as a Juror?
You are entitled to claim an exemption if you are a:
- Person with legal custody of a child or children under ten (10) years old and jury service requires leaving the child without adequate supervision.
- Person over seventy (70) years of age.
- Student of public or private secondary school (high school).
- Person who is enrolled and in actual attendance at an institution of higher education (college, university, community college, etc.).
- Person who is the primary caretaker of a person who is an invalid unable to care for himself/herself.
- Person who is an officer or employee of the Texas Senate, House of Representatives, or any department, commission, board, office, or other agency in the legislative branch of state government.
If you have an exemption and wish to claim it, fill out the information on the Jury Exemption Statement part of your jury summons. Sign your name and date, and return it to the Municipal Court Jury Room prior to the date you are summoned to report for jury service.
You may mail to:
Tomball Municipal Court
401 Market St
Tomball, TX 77375
Why is Jury Service Important?
The United States Constitution and the Texas Constitution guarantees all people, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, or economic status, the right to a trial by an impartial jury. Our system of justice cannot work unless citizens like you obey your jury summons and participate in the jury selection process.
What is My Duty as a Juror?
As a juror, you must be fair and impartial. Your actions and decisions must be free from any bias. You must be willing to follow the law.